the Adirondack Park
Getaway > The Adirondack Park
- Larger than Yellowstone, the Everglades, Glacier and Grand Canyon National Park combined
- The largest park in the nation outside of Alaska
- Comprised of 6 million acres (9,375 square miles - the size of Vermont) nearly half of which is protected by state constitution to remain "forever wild" forest preserve
- Contains 85% of all wilderness in the eastern United States
- Contains 3,000 ponds and lakes and 30,000 miles of rivers and streams
- Contains the largest trail system in the nation with 2,000 miles of hiking trails
- Hamilton County (where Lapland Lake Nordic Vacation Center is situated) is the 3rd largest county in the state but has not one stoplight!
- Lapland Lake is located in the very southern tier of Hamilton County only 60 miles northwest of Albany. Why drive further?
for Adirondack lodging information!